EUREC Masters welcome students from 34 nationalities this year!
The EUREC Masters application process for the Academic Year 2018/2019
closed in July. The selection of the final participants finished in August, which means that since the core semester started in September, EUREC Masters are welcoming students from 34 nationalities:
The application process for the Academic Year 2019/2020 opens by mid-January 2019, but until then, you will find below an update on the EUREC Awards, and EUREC Masters' upcoming events:
The EUREC Awards received a good number of applications this year, which resulted in a difficult decision making process. Finally, we are happy to announce the 3 winners:
- Lea Rohde from University of Applied Science Bremerhaven, Germany - Project title: The Characterisation of the Flow Behavior in a Test Tank
- Nikolaos Chalkiadakis from National Technical University of Athens, Greece - Project title: Assessment of techno-economical potential for floating offshore wind farms in the Mediterranean Sea
- Ana Carrelhas from Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal - Project title: Experimental study of a model and prototype of a self-rectifying bi-radial air turbine with fixed guide vanes
The winners are invited to come to the EUREC Masters Starting Day 2018, which include the Awards ceremony and a short presentation of the winning projects.
- Starting Day: the selected students of the Academic Year 2018/2019 are invited to this event in Brussels, on Friday 12th October at Hotel Bloom.
- EUREC Alumni Forum: the next day of the Starting Day, thus Saturday 13th October 2018 EUREC Alumni, professors and newcomers are invited to a full day of presentations on renewable energy topics at Muntpunt Library, next to the opera house at the heart of Brussels.
- Presentation Days: on the 12,13 &14 December 2018, the students of the Academic Year 2017/2018 will come to Brussels to present their Master thesis at Hotel Bloom, in Brussels.