The applications are accepted on qualification and first-come/first-served basis. i.e.in case of equal qualification of two applicants, the early applicant is given the place. Therefore it is recommended to apply as soon as possible, well before the deadline.
The minimum entrance criteria are a background in economics,social sciences, management or studies providing a systemic point of view. A selection of possible subjects has been established: Economics, environmental sciences/engineering, social sciences, political sciences, international business, managerial engineering, architecture. Admission of students with a different Bachelor’s degree will be decided by the University after assessment of equivalence. The criteria may be waived for Applicants with relevant work experience deemed equivalent to the academic admission requirements.
All candidates must satisfy the language requirements of their chosen Core Provider and meet a minimum standard of English:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 575 (paper-based test), or 90 (internet-based test, with not less than 20 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing); or
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum with not less than 6.0 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing; or
- Cambridge Advanced Exam in English: B minimum; or
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam in English: C minimum.
Documents to present
Candidates for admission should upload the following documents:
- A CV (resume) in English
- A certified copy of the university diploma and transcripts ("certified" means that the documents must bear the official University stamp to be considered valid)
- Two letters of reference
- A proof of English language proficiency (see above for minimum scores) - this proof may be provided later than the rest of the application, but before a date determined by the University in case of conditional selection.
- A copy of your passport
- Any additional information in support of your application is welcome but not requested (eg: information on work experience). If you are an employee and envisage to re-orientate your career into renewable energy, a covering letter outlining your motivations to participate in the course would be very useful
The application process for 2017/2018 is now closed. You are welcome to submit your online application from 15th January 2019 onwards. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until July 2019.
Non-EU students must apply before 1st May 2019
Letters of Reference
The reference (to be provided in English) should include, if possible, details of the results the applicant has obtained throughout his/her studies. If the applicant has not graduated, the reference should give a prediction of the likely degree outcome. Additionally, the reference should indicate whether the applicant language skills are adequate for postgraduate study.
Finally, the referee should include their name, status/title, telephone/email, the name and address of their institution/company, the official headed paper of the institution/company and their signature. The letters of reference are to be uploaded. Universities reserve the right to ask for the hardcopies to be sent via regular mail if necessary.
In case the letters are to be received only through regular mail, please indicate it in your application form and contact EUREC.The application is not valid without references.
Tuition fees for the Academic Year 2018-2019 amount to EUR 7.300 for students with the nationality of a EU Member State and EUR 11.500 for students without EU nationality. Hanze UAS students will pay tuition fee directly to the University. EU students will pay only the Dutch statutory fee.
Additional administrative fees may be asked directly by the partnering Universities.
To guarantee registration, selected students will have to pay a deposit fee (1.300 euros for EU students, 1.500 euros for non-EU students) to EUREC upon reception of the offer letter.
This deposit will be reimbursed at the end of October to students who joined the course.
Non-EU students should also be aware that payment of a visa and a financial guarantee is necessary for entrance to the Netherlands. For detailed information about non-EU students applying to Hanze UAS, please visit: http://www.hanze.nl/home/International/Practical+matters/Immigration/
If your participation in the programme is conditional upon your receiving financial support, please indicate this clearly in the application form.