Core - Hanze University of Applied Sciences, the Netherlands
Do you want to share your energy talent to move to a sustainable world? Then, the European Master in Sustainable Energy System Management at Hanze University of Applied Sciences is something for you! View the promotion film!
In 2010 EUREC selected Hanze UAS to be the first University of Applied Sciences to offer the European Master in Sustainable Energy System Management, because of its good facilities and research in the field of energy. Based on the Master in Renewable Energy, it was decided to develop a second EUREC master on Sustainable Energy System Management addressing the growing need for professionals able to develop viable business cases for integration and optimization of renewables in the energy system and for the continuing development of sustainable energy markets. It boasts extensive professional and academic networks both in and outside the Netherlands. The North of the Netherlands has sublime expertise on energy transition. Because of many years of experience in gas transitions, this part of the country is a true energy region and has a huge national and international energy network. Hanze UAS is situated in the centre of this energy valley; it is the top sector in energy. The European Master in Sustainable Energy System Management is linked to the Energy Academy Europe. This is collaboration between Hanze UAS, the University of Groningen (RUG), Energy Valley, the municipal and province of Groningen. Top education, top research and business come together in this Energy Academy Europe.
For more information visit http://www.energyacademy.org/
Do you want to become a manager of innovation projects aimed at achieving a sustainable energy system? Study at Hanze University of Applied Sciences!
Hanze UAS guarantees high quality education in an inspiring study environment. There are many possibilities for you to complete your study within prominent energy research programmes, such as the Flexi programmes that are part of CARE-I
Of course,you have the opportunity to use the extensive and professional energy network of Hanze UAS. This network consists of companies and research centres in the energy sector. The following important partners collaborate: The schools of Hanze University of Applied Science who working on energy topics from different perspectives e.g from an engineering management, energy business ((international)business schools, and energy economics (energyfinance). At these Schools the most important aspects are quality, innovation and passion in the field of energy and technology. Our students work at real-life problems that have not yet been solved and they contribute towards finding the solution. Let us bridge the gap between the growing industry demand for specialized Sustainable Energy System Management expertise and the skills available in the job market. Education and research activities are linked in the Center of Applied Research and Innovation – Energy (CARE-I). The wide range of research facilities, which include professional laboratories within Hanze’s own building (i.e. two complete bioreactors)and facilities at RenQi (i.e. a fully-functional educational wind tunnel, solarcell testers, gas storage simulation systems) as well as the extensive international energy network consisting of EDC (HEC (Hansa Energy Corridor)) and EnergyValley, amongst others.
Become part of this inspiring energetic environment!
Master of Science
Access to further study: this Master of Science degree programme gives access to third cycle studies (doctoral) in relevant areas.
The title of the degree: European Master of Science in Sustainable Energy System Management.
Hanze UAS is located in Groningen, a lively student city in the north east of the Netherlands, 40 kilometres from the German border and ca 180 kilometres from Amsterdam. Of its 190.000 inhabitants almost 30% are students.
Administration fee: For further information about entrance requirements and administration fees for the EUREC programme at the Hanze University of Applies Sciences see www.hanze.nl/eurec
Accommodation,Visa, Insurances, etc: https://www.hanze.nl/eng Click onstudy@hanze to find all the information of our International Student Office
Also, check the site: http://www.groningenlife.nl/en for more practical information about the city of Groningen.
It is compulsory for students to provide for their own health insurance. Please make sure your insurance covers the whole period of your studies, both here (if Groningen is your core provider), at your specialization provider and for your thesis project.
Hanze UAS is well-known for its international education at both BSC and Master level. It offers all the relevant facilities for students from abroad. Hanze UAS has 25,000 students of which 1,655 are from abroad. There is a lively international community at Hanze UAS.
WARNING: non-EU applicants must apply before 1st June and follow the requirements of the international students office for visa procedures (a financial guarantee is necessary to enter the Netherlands).
Please find more information about immigration on this website: www.hanze.nl/eng/study-at-hanze/practical-information/immigration
Discover the possibilities to design your own research in collaboration with highly qualified teachers and businesses. Make use of the state of the art research facilities of Hanze UAS.
SESyM Modules descriptions
The Master in Sustainable Energy System Management at Hanze UAS distinguishes itself due to its own profile:
- International approach: the student population is international and students have to follow core modules as well as specialisation modules at partner universities in different European countries
- Latest concepts and models: focus will be on the business aspects of energy transition and the overall energy system.
- Scientific approach: this is a Master of Science where advanced conceptual thinking and analysis are fundamentals, and where there is a extensive academic base as well as an open laboratory setting for testing (EnTranCe)
3. Core Qualities and skills
- System Systems perspective: the energy system will be viewed, primarily from a business and economics perspective.
- Multidisciplinary: throughout the course there will be consistent emphasis on: societal aspects, technical aspects, legal aspects, and economic and business aspects, jointly determining the feasibility of energy business planning and implementation.
- Quantitative methods and techniques: advanced modelling, simulation and various statistical and econometric assessment techniques will be pervasive elements throughout the course.
- Develop business cases: the ability to creatively develop energy system business cases in a changing multi- stakeholder business environment.
- Calculate business cases: the ability to analyse and assess such business cases, and to convincingly bring them to the final decision-making stage.
- Project implementation: the ability to plan and successfully implement complex energy investment projects once the final investment decision has been taken.
Curious about the lecturers at Hanze UAS? Check the website!
Do you want to know more about the various research activities? Check the website!
For more information about the programme at Hanze UAS in Groningen (the Netherlands), please check the website.
For further information about the SESyM programme in Groningen, prospective students can contact:
Mr Gerrit Kuiken
9701 DA Groningen
Telephone: 0031 50 595 4567